Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Blessing for Someone Else

I’ll never forget the time the Lord spoke to me during my time of prayer. I could feel His glory washing over me as He began to speak to me about His love for me; about the love of His people. He began to bring faces to my mind, asking me to join Him in pronouncing a blessing over their lives. I listened and I prayed. I wept and I laughed. It was certainly a splendid encounter. Soon after my encounter, I had asked the Lord to go shopping. I didn’t really need anything but I felt like shopping. The Lord said yes.
Excitedly, I went through the store carefully looking at clothes. I picked up a few items and tried them on—nothing fit. I went back on the store floor and picked up even more items—nothing fit. Just when I was about to leave the store, the Holy Spirit brought someone to my mind. I thought to myself, oh, that’s nice. Lord, bless her. I continued to make my way to the front of the store, when her face flashed again. My response was similar. A short prayer and a dash for the door. By the third time, I finally caught on. I stilled my thoughts and prayer inwardly asking the Lord to show me what to do. At that precise moment, a woman walked up to the counter and asked to purchase a gift card.

Ordinarily, my heart might have sunk or I might have rolled my eyes. I was in the store to shop for me not for someone I didn’t really know all that well. But I had ventured into the Holy of Holies that morning. I sat in the presence of His glory. I supped with Holy Angels that surround His throne and sang in unison with the Four Elders who forever proclaim the Majesty of the Lamb. The Lover of my soul entwined me in His arms etching the very fabric of joy through my existence. I would not deny Him. Instead of my heart sinking, it smiled.

I bought the gift card in a very generous denomination, more than I intended to spend on myself. I bought a lovely gift bag and gave the gift to the woman. Sometime thereafter, someone purchased me a gift card for double what I paid for hers!

Sometimes when we ask for God to answer our prayers, He might ask us to answer someone else’s. The woman was in need of clothing since she was returning to the workforce after being a housewife for seventeen years. Talk about an on time blessing!

Don’t be dismayed when God asks you to do something you do not understand. Do not allow fear or the need to know every detail deter your faith. You know that He has nothing but the best for you and you know that your obedience will yield a blessing just for you! Like Baha’i believe our works are a form of worship.


©2010-2013 Oracle  Claretta Taylor Pam, Global Ecumenical Ministries Inc. and Universal Life Church Monastery of Massachusetts. All Rights Reserved






No comments:

Post a Comment