Thursday, May 24, 2012

LIFE: Neglecting God

Sometimes it’s easy to neglect God and let self rule.  Eventually though, when self rules for a period of time, we usually end up face down in the dirt, crying, frustrated, and ready to give up.

When this happens to me, I know deep within I want to please God so I get back up and begin again.  I commit to live my life loving God and others and taking steps to fulfill God's plan for me. I've done my fair share of what I want to do to please myself in this life, but my deepest intention is to please God.  My deepest desire is to enjoy God and God's gift of life, as well as share awesome love with others.

Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many plans are in ones mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for that one that will stand."

I believe God's purposes for me will stand as I walk in love and humility and seek to live a life that adds value to others.  I will not fear.  God's Spirit lives in me! How awesome is that!


©2010-2011 Minister Claretta Taylor Pam, Global Ecumenical Ministries Inc. and Universal Life Church Monastery of Massachusetts. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment